8.16.2012

Favorite's Fridays: Blemish Remedy


Many magazines, blogs and articles have recommended tooth paste as a great blemish eraser. Using toothpaste is a common remedy, but I know of an even better one: CVS Tooth Whitener. CVS Pharmacy sells this tooth whitener in a bottle that resembles a bottle of whiteout. I haven't had to use this "favorite" much, due to the fact that my face does not break out very often. However, this is a great thing to have in your medicine cabinet to use when needed. 

After your face is completely washed, clean, and clear of any makeup, simply dabble the tooth whitener directly onto the desired spot and let it dry (it can take awhile to dry). I find it best to use before bed or while at home for awhile. It can sting depending on the state of your blemish. It can also turn white (temporarily). Also, if you look closely in the mirror, you can see it bubbling and killing bacteria. 

I can't promise that it will just vanish by morning, but it speeds up the process of healing by cleaning out the bacteria. It also depends on the state of your blemish. 

Colgate used to make this product, but I haven't been able to find their version of it anymore. The only place I am able to find it is at CVS Pharmacy for under $10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment