8.02.2012

Make Up For Ever Pro Event



A month ago, I received an email from Mariel, the Director of the Events for Make Up For Ever, regarding their Professionals Event in San Francisco and wasn't sure if I should take three days off or not. My daughter insisted that we go, and I am so glad that I finally agreed! There were about 100 people there (give or take a few) and nine fabulous sessions from six incredibly talented presenters. Six of the nine sessions were makeup tutorials ranging from bridal to runway to catalog to commercial to simply contouring your makeup. Though I am in a different industry, I learned some great tips on applying my own personal makeup, as well as some great tips on branding and having a stronger career. 

Krysten and I had a lot of fun being surrounded by tons and tons of makeup. We played with different types of waterproof products that we found beyond fabulous. Krysten doesn't normally wear anything on her lips throughout the day because she forgets to reapply her gloss or lipstick, but she had so much fun with the Brand New Make Up For Ever Aqua Lipstick/gloss. She literally applied it once in the morning, and her lips still had the same color in the evening (after eating lunch and dinner, and sipping water through a straw all day)... it was amazing! I loved the Aqua Eye Shadows and Aqua Brows, and was very impressed with how they looked and how long they last. Jeff was probably the only non-makeup enthusiast there, but learned a lot at the business sessions, and a little more about the process of what Krysten and I deal with in the mornings when we do our makeup! We met some great people at this event and can't wait to attend next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment