8.18.2012

Little White Dress


Can you believe we are half way through August? For the past few months I have been counting down until my cruise to Alaska! I have never been before, and I really want to see it before it melts. When I travel I like to pack little by little over a long period of time and put things in my suitcase as I think of them. As I was looking through my closet for things to bring for my cruise I came across this white linen dress I bought years ago, and I started to laugh. You will too when you learn why I was laughing. I thought of the time I bought this dress. My sister and I took my daughter to this Swap Meet in Southern California to get some exercise and sunshine. We found this clothing tent that had beautiful white linen pants, tops, dresses, blouses - you name it! I saw some fabulous clothes that I wanted to try on, but before I could grab a dressing room the owner yelled at me in a thick accent saying, "HEY YOU! You cannot try those clothes on! You have lots of make up on that could ruin it!" I simply laughed and told him that I did not have any makeup on. I smiled and proceeded into the dressing room. He them came towards me and continued to raise his voice. He was so upset that he said he would call security. I told him nicely that I didn't have any make up on and that I could prove it. I then watched him nearly faint as I began wiping the white linen all over my face! I rubbed it on my lips & eyes. I laughed! He about had a heart attack. When I showed him that the white clothing was still white he was confused and began inspecting it to make sure I wasn’t hiding anything. My sister and I told him about my profession - cosmetic tattooing and permanent makeup. He smiled. Needless to say he let us try on anything and everything at his tent. His wife is now one of my clients, and I still love my little white linen dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment