8.30.2012

Favorite's Fridays: Crystal Deodorant


The modern Deodorant was first invented in 1888. Though it has come a long way since the late 1800s, it is still used by (hopefully) everyone over 100 years later. There are all types of deodorants. They come in different scents, for men and women, and even in special formulas for those with allergies or sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin and don't use a typical deodorant on a daily basis because I use Hibiclens. But I also always have a special Crystal deodorant in my medicine cabinet as well. Crystal is a natural mineral salt deodorant. It prevents odor and does not clog or plug pores with aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium. I use Crystal because it works just the same as some of the other leading deodorants, but it isn't harming to my body. Aluminum can be toxic to the nervous system as well as the reproductive system. It is very common in antiperspirant deodorants and should be avoided. Sweating is a natural act and should not be "covered up" by blocking pores, which is what most deodorants do.

Crystal Deodorant can be found in two forms: a rock - literally and a liquid. Both can be purchased at most drugstores. I highly recommend using Crystal Deodorant if you want to use a deodorant that is not bad for your body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment