9.13.2012

Happy 1 Year Anniversary


On September 10th, 2011, (9/10/11) my baby girl got married in San Francisco. She and her husband had been dating for six years (at the time) when they got married. They met in college in Scottsdale, Arizona, during the first week of their freshmen year of college and have been joined at the hip ever since. They got engaged back in December of 2010 at my daughter's favorite place in the world, Disneyland, and started planning the wedding in June of last year. They didn't give her father or me a whole lot of time to put this together. Though we did not have much time to plan, the wedding was perfectly beautiful. There were roughly 200 guests, excellent food, delicious cake, family, friends and one beautiful bride. As I saw my daughter walk down the aisle of the beautiful church, I couldn't help but tear up a bit. My only baby was getting married! 

Luckily, I didn't have black tears running down my cheeks as some of the guests did. The only makeup touching up I had to do throughout the night was reapply some lipstick to give my lips a more dramatic look and touchup my blush. Though my lips are tattooed, the color is very subtle. Adding lipstick gives that WOW factor that is perfect for a night out or in this case a BIG party! When I was in the restroom, I saw many women reapplying their makeup–but not blush or lipstick. There were some reapplying eyeliner... I couldn't believe that their eyeliner wouldn't stay on for the length of a wedding ceremony and reception without the need to reapply! Everyone is different. Everyone's face holds makeup differently. My daughter didn't have any permanent makeup at the time of her wedding and her makeup stayed on the whole day. She kept reapplying lipstick and lip-gloss throughout the night but that was it. Some of us are not that fortunate. If I didn't have permanent makeup, I would have to keep reapplying (conventional) makeup all night. I am glad I don't have to carry my makeup drawer in my purse. 

I can't believe it has been a year already. It's amazing how this past year has come and gone. Congratulations to Krysten and Jeff on your first anniversary. I love you both and I am so happy to have the two of you working with me! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment