I am the biggest Disney freak around. Some even say I am an addict. I blame my parents, because they took me for the first time when I was just 6 weeks old. You can basically say they created a Disneyland Monster! Since I was born, I have celebrated many birthdays, anniversaries and different occasions at the Happiest Place On Earth. My husband even proposed underneath the castle in 2010. This blog will feature a few tips and tricks to make sure you have the best time possible.
- The first thing you need to do is head straight to California Adventure (if you have a ticket for that park too.) California Adventure has one of the coolest and newest lands: Cars Land. Cars Land has only been open since the summer of 2012, and the lines are still very long. Head into the park and immediately grab a FAST PASS for Radiator Springs Racers! They are all gone for the day by mid-morning, and the line can be 2 - 3 hours long on a busy day.
- Depending on how many days you will be enjoying both parks, you should allow one evening for Disneyland's Fantasmic show in front of Pirate's Lair (FORMERLY Tom Sawyer Island) and another evening for California Adventure's World Of Color. For World of Color you will need a FastPass to reserve a spot to watch it! Ask someone where to get a FASTPASS to ensure a spot for the show (standing only).
- UPDATE: Go see the ALADDIN musical at California Adventure! It is about 45 minutes long, hysterical and nice and cool inside. The Genie will steal the show! Fortunately & Unfortunately this show is gone but they have a brand new show about FROZEN. It's a broadway style performance that will entertain everyone of all ages!
- Are you a coffee drinker? Starbucks is now at California Adventure and on Main Street USA! You can also use your Starbucks GOLD card for stars!
- If you would like to take a ride on the Monorail, ask a castmember to sit in the front car with the captain.
- The parade is always a blast! Check your map/schedule for parade times.
- Who doesn't love seeing Minnie, Mickey and all their pals? The problem is, you typically have to wait in a long line to get a hug and a photo. The best place to see a handful of characters is at the character breakfast at Plaza Inn which is located at the end of Main Street USA. Call ahead to make a reservation and enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast with all your favorite Disney friends.
- At Disneyland, in Tomorrowland, the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is a fun ride and game. Make sure that when you are exiting you remember to stop at the computer screens to your left so you can EMAIL the ride photo to yourself for free.
- Make sure you get a FASTPASS for popular Disneyland rides like Indiana Jones and Space Mountain! You shouldn't have super long waits for Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion or It's a Small World and Jungle Cruise, so just walk right up to these whenever you are near by.
- Make sure you get a FASTPASS for popular California Adventure rides like: Soarin' Over California, Goofy's Flight School, Tower of Terror and California Screamin!
- YOU CAN BRING FOOD IN! Remember to bring snacks and water bottles. You are allowed to bring your own food to enjoy. They also have a filtered water fountain at the Mexican Restaurant (Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante) in Frontierland.
- UPDATE: Need a rest? Check out Bill Hill and the Hillbillies in Disneyland. The location has changed a few times this summer so be sure to ask someone where they are performing. They are a riot and very talented! (Sadly, this show will be ending January 6th.) Unfortunately this show is gone but to see what you missed out on visit Athena's blog about The Billys and their final performance!
- Fool Mother Nature! - Of course having permanent makeup (eyeliner, lips, eyebrows) helps at theme parks, water parks etc. Hop on Splash Mountain or Grizzly Rapids and don't worry about your brows washing off or your eyeliner smearing! Look FABULOUS all day long and don't think twice about your makeup running.
- Are you celebrating an anniversary, a birthday or something else? Ask a castmember for a Disney Button!
- HAVE FUN! Make sure you drink enough water, take breaks when you need to and never hesitate to ask a cast member for help and guidance. They are there to assist you and make your day magical!
I hope these tips will help you get the most out of your day at the Happiest Place on Earth! Take your camera - you never know who you will see there!
Thanks mom for letting me be a guest blogger! Those who know me aren't surprised by the topic and many of my Disney pals probably know most of this information. I hope that some of you learned something new!
Here are some more tips....
Here are some more tips....
Here are some great Disney related books for your reading enjoyment. We have been very fortunate to meet three of these four authors and one of them is a very dear friend. Click on the book title to be linked to Amazon to purchase these fabulous books.
|My husband took me on a tour of the Walt Disney Studios & we got|
to meet the head of the Archives department Dave Smith & have
him sign our book! We also got to see some incredible items
from the Disney archives...
|My favorite part of the archives was getting to hold one of|
Walt Disney's Oscars. It was beyond incredible & very heavy!
|With our sweet friend, Joe! We could listen to his stories|
all day long. We love Joe and his wife Janet! A very neat couple!
|We were honored to be apart of the celebration of Joe's book|
Walt Dreamers Me at Club 33 over the summer.
|with Walt Dreamers Me on the Club 33 balcony|
3) Dream It! Do it! by Marty Sklar
|Marty signed our book after he gave a wonderful presentation|
of his life and his book in Los Angeles - amazing!
|THUMBS UP from Jeff and Krysten!|
4) Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland by David Koenig