10.15.2012

Right Place At The Right Time


The other day, my daughter (Krysten) and son-in-law (Jeff) and I were taking stroll down Robertson Blvd in Hollywood. My daughter noticed an elderly woman in her nightgown who looked lost/frustrated. She was in her blue nightgown, sandals and had gold earrings on. She looked very clean, with crisp white hair and white teeth.  Krysten nudged me and we both immediately knew that we needed to say something to her and just make sure that she was okay. This sweet old Hungarian lady was 83 years old and lost. Her name was Margaret and she had told us that her family kicked her out of her own house the day before. She spent the night on the street and hadn't had anything to eat or drink in over 24 hours. Jeff ran to the corner restaurant to get her some water while I called 911 for help. Krysten visited with her and tried to calm her down and let her know that we were here to help her. I kept telling her that everything was going to be okay. When the policeman arrived, we told Margaret that the policeman was a friend of ours and that she was in good hands. She was quick to reply, "He is my friend too! A policeman is everyone's friend!" 

I would only hope that if this was my mom who was lost in her nightgown, that someone would stop to help her. She kept saying that we were her angels. My daughter kept saying that it bothered her that no one stopped to help this little old lady. No one even asked to make sure she was okay! She needed water, food and someone to get her back to her home. We were lucky to be in the right place at the right time, and we are so thankful that we stopped to help Margaret. What a sweet lady.

This also makes me think of the charities and local organizations that we support. These organizations also reach out to people who need help, and that's why I support these groups. While there are so many to list, here are a few that we have supported recently:



No comments:

Post a Comment