9.07.2012

Favorite's Fridays: Aqua Black


I know that I have already done a blog on the Make Up For Ever Aqua line however I really wanted to write a blog focusing on one of the aqua products specifically. 

Although I have my eyeliner tattooed* on, I still enjoy enhancing it with a little black eyeliner (preferably the form of gel). On a somewhat daily basis, when I add to my tattooed eyeliner, I use Make Up For Ever's Aqua Black.

Aqua Black comes in a tiny pot and is applied with an angled eye makeup brush. It is similar to this past favorite, only BETTER because it is waterproof. It can only be taken off with an oil based makeup remover. I like it because it doesn't leave a crease mark on your upper eyelid, stays on all day long without reapplication, and it is very easy to apply. 

My daughter informed me that when she was on vacation last week in Palm Springs, she spent everyday at the pool and underwater. She said that this eyeliner is the only thing that stayed on in the sunshine, the pool and while sunbathing. It did not sweat off or need reapplication. 

She also has her eyeliner tattooed on. However, it is very subtle and is more of a "lash enhancement." Therefore, she likes to enhance her permanent makeup as well. When she wears just mascara (and no additional eyeliner) it looks as if she has more lashes. The way I work with my clients (and even my daughter) is very unique. She has only been in my chair twice to touch up her eyeliner over the past few months. Cosmetic Tattooing is a process in which I gradually build out my client's eyeliner (or eyebrows, or lips) at each session (which is covered in the one time fee.) This is done for many reasons: 1) No downtime; 2) Limiting the shock factor (many clients who have no eyebrows always like to start little by little - it is shocking to them to see themselves in a mirror all of a sudden with eyebrows); and 3) So I can see how your skin handles the color of the pigments and so I can go through the four seasons with you.

You can purchase Make Up For Ever at Sephora or online at makeupforever.com

*When you are sick of applying your eyeliner everyday, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment