7.06.2012

Favorites Fridays: Self Tanning Lotion


Everyone loves a great tan, especially one in a can... or a bottle. This tanning lotion I have used for years, and it is fabulous. I think it can be pretty hard to find a self tanning product that doesn't rub off on your clothing or sheets, and that doesn't leave you looking orange. 

My girlfriend Isabelle told me about this amazing self tanning lotion called SUN (self tanning lotion, dark sunsation, instant tint, for all skin types). It tends to leave a little residue, but in the shower it rinses off and leaves the rest of you nice and evenly tan. Most self tanners smell of chemicals and dry out your skin, but this has a light smell of almonds and doesn't take a toll on your skin. 

There are a few tricks that Isabelle and I have learned to get best use of this product. It is always important to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Exfoliating enables your skin to become silkier and more radiant. Before you tan you should always scrub the dead skin cells off. 
Here is my routine: I shower and make sure to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Then, using gloves, I  use the tanning lotion all over my body and sleep on a towel. In the morning, I shower the excess "brown" that is left on my skin and do this for a few days in a row to get a nice glow. Afterwards, I make sure to be very, very liberal with my body lotion to prevent the possibility of dry skin. 

Though I enjoy getting some sun the natural way, I don't always have time to lay by pool. It is also not the greatest to spend a lot of time in the sun, especially without sunscreen. I love using this product in the summer, spring, winter and fall to maintain my SUNSATIONAL tan. 

*Isabelle and I have been friends for years. We have always enjoyed sharing our beauty secrets with each other. Check out her fabulous clothing line Prance. I love her beautiful designs!*


No comments:

Post a Comment