8.01.2013

Favorite's Fridays: Nekter Juice Cleanse

I did my first juice cleanse that I have done in a long, long while. I decided to try Nekter's juice cleanse to flush the toxins out of my body. Nekter is a local healthy juicing / smoothie place in Southern California. They have a location near my office, and I thought it would be nice to do this with my daughter. 

Krysten did a 5 day juice cleanse the week before me and did really well. She said she wasn't hungry and only missed the sensation of something warm to eat or drink. She didn't cheat once and lost about 6 pounds. I think I did about 3.5 days, snacked a little and had my coffee and drank my juice. I don't know if I lost any weight, but I did feel great afterwards, had a little more energy and I don't regret doing it at all.

In all honesty, it was much harder than I expected. I think we should have done 1 or 2 days of juicing first, rather than start with 5 days. It was difficult to be strict with the cleansing because I love my espresso and I love my food (I'll admit it... I cheated!). However, I feel better and I recommend it to anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment