5.17.2012

Stay Cool as a Cucumber this Summer!



Grab your swimsuit, sunscreen, beauty magazines, and iced drinks, head outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine! I went to a friend’s house for a barbeque. We had a fabulous time sharing funny stories about when were kids. I laughed and I cried! At the party, she served a tasty and refreshing cucumber martini. When I asked her about the drink, she said that she uses cucumber for just about everything – not just for food. I’ve used cucumbers for a lot of different things but she showed me some new ways to use this versatile vegetable.

  • We both use “vegetables slices” on our puffy eyes. (Before I got my eyeliner tattooed my liner would run into my eyes, so be careful!)
  • I didn’t know that they were great for defogging the bathroom mirror after a hot shower. Just rub a slice on the mirror and it will also give off a wonderful aroma.
  • You can also use a cucumber for sunburns by placing slices on the burned area.
  • They’re a great snack in the afternoon when you get sleepy. They’re filled with vitamin B and have carbohydrates to give you energy.
I told my friend that I was amazed at what the lowly cucumber can do and she told me that the next time I was in town, she’d teach me about watermelons!

Cucumber Martini RecipeIngredients:
2 oz. Vodka (Grey Goose)
1/4 oz. Lemon Juice
2 slices Cucumber
3 pieces Mint
1/2 oz. Sugar Syrup
Mixing Instructions:
Muddle mint and a cucumber slice in a cocktail shaker.
Add other ingredients and ice.
Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a slice of cucumber and a fresh mint sprig.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment