4.21.2013

Scar Correction & Camouflaging


- Do you have an embarrassing scar that you are uncomfortable with? 
- Do you have a scar that brings back old memories from an accident, surgery or negative time in your life? 
- Do you have acne scars on your face/body or stretch marks from a pregnancy or weight gain?
- Are you unhappy with the tattletale signs from plastic surgery? 


(L) BEFORE face-lift scar                 (R) AFTER face-lift scar

Many of the scars that I have camouflaged have been from surgeries (breast reductions & lifts, implants, face lifts, brow lifts, and more), childhood accidents and more. It's amazing how much the removal of a scar can really help with one's self-esteem. 

My daughter, who is now 25 years old, broke her arm back when she was in the third grade and then again in the fourth grade – my little adventurer! The second time around, the bone pierced the skin. My poor baby had to have surgery and spent a few nights in the hospital. She now has a scar on her arm that isn't very noticeable but also not pretty. One day, when she is ready, I will camouflage it. Her scar reminds her of all the pain she went through - the surgery, the cast, and even kids teasing her for swinging on a rope swing like Tarzan. As a mom, I feel privileged that I can do that for my daughter someday - erase the trace of a bad memory. 

Though events like that will never be forgotten, the constant reminder when it is seen in the mirror can be masked. I have been able to help so many people who have scars or markings from different events in their life; accidents, surgeries - you name it! I am glad I am able to help mask those unwanted reminders of things that we are unable to forget but that we can cover up.

Not all scars are from the list above. Many men and women have scars on their body from protecting our country. It is truly and honor and privilege to be able to provide services to our soldiers returning home.

For more information on medical needling, scar correction and camouflage, visit my website FoolingMotherNature.com or do not hesitate to contact me at athena@foolingmothernature.com


No comments:

Post a Comment