4.09.2014

Favorites Fridays - Jouer Cosmetics

There are just so many amazing makeup brands out there, and I know everyone has a favorite "go-to" makeup line. I am not one of those people. I find that I use a little of several different makeup lines. I want to use products that I really like or love; I don't want to use a product just because I like something else in their line. Of course, I will try any product, but I don't feel the need to love a brand's foundation just because I love their blush. With that said, I bring to you a new and fabulous makeup brand … I have never written about them before: Jouer Cosmetics.

Jouer is new to me. I learned about them when my daughter and I attended The Makeup Show Los Angeles earlier this month. Funny thing - my daughter went to the same high school as the founder and creator, Christina Zilber (years apart).  We were so grateful to meet Christina at the Makeup Show - she was very, very sweet to my daughter (and me). She also had a wonderful team of artists at Jouer's booth who were so helpful and so kind.

Back to Jouer Cosmetics… This week I wanted to highlight Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint and Anti-Aging Moisture Primer. Let's talk about the Luminizing Moisture Tint first: Let's be honest - it is hard to find a good tinted moisturizer. Well, I think I have found a fabulous tinted moisturizer and with summer and warmer weather coming up, I find that it is an essential item for every single woman.  

Jouer's lightweight Luminizing Moisture Tint evens out imperfections and fixes the appearance of fine lines with its light-diffusing multi-mineral formula. It also has an SPF 20 to protect from UVA and UVB rays (Sunscreen is so important)! Their fabulous formula is oil free and has been awarded by Allure magazine Best of Beauty 2011. It is hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, fragrance-free and is perfect for all skin types. (Side note - my daughter bought the Matte Moisture Tint and loves it too!)

Let's talk about primer! My daughter and I both got different primers because we have different needs. She purchased the Anti-Blemish Matte Primer while I purchased the Anti-Aging Moisture Primer. We love them both; they serve different purposes. The Anti-Blemish Matte Primer is oil free and contains Salicylic Acid that penetrates into the skin to treat and heal existing blemishes, prevent new acne and minimize pores (AMAZING)! The Anti-Aging Moisture Primer is hydrating, contains ingredients that restore elasticity and that also diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Both contain Vitamin E, Ginseng & Gingko Biloba extract to calm redness and reduce inflammation. 

Another neat tidbit is that all of their compacts, whether eyeshadow, blush or powder, connect to each other. You can customize your "perfect palate" with anything you need for the day or night. I could go on and on about their incredible makeup line and how genuine and warm the founder of Jouer Cosmetics was to us. Jouer (zhew-ey) means "to play" in French and that describes my daughter and me perfectly when it comes to makeup. 

I urge you to search the Jouer website and see all of the wonderful products they have. Read about them, look at the different colors and play!


Athena Karsant was honored with Best of San Francisco & Best of Beverly Hills for 2013! 
Athena also offers Complimentary Consultations. To learn more about Athena's work, 
see before and after photos and read testimonials from both clients and doctors,  
please visit her website FoolingMotherNature.com


With the founder and creator of JOUER Cosmetics - Christina Zilber

My daughter Krysten with Christina Zilber


No comments:

Post a Comment